- Resident of Tennessee for one year by September 1 of the application date
- Complete FAFSA
- Overall minimum 3.0 GPA
- ACT composite score of 21 or higher
- Apply by November 1 at TSAC website
- Complete FAFSA by February 1
- Attend mandatory meeting during fall and spring semesters
- Apply to an eligible community or technical school
- Complete and report community service hours by July 1
- If selected, complete required documentation during first semester of post-secondary coursework
Dear 2024 Scholarship Applicant,
On behalf of the Coker Creek Ruritan Club, we want to congratulate you on your upcoming high school graduation. We know that it has taken many years of hard work and determination to achieve your diploma.
We also know that you have new goals in education ahead of you. Each year the Coker Creek Ruritan offers up to three $300 scholarships to graduates of Tellico High School who are from Coker Creek School. There are a number of graduates who have indicated that they are on a path of higher learning. In order to be eligible to compete for these monies, you must submit a 300-350 word essay that describes your program of study and the reason you are interested in this field. Your essay should also encompass how you would achieve the aims of the Ruritan Club (Fellowship, Goodwill and Community Service) in your field of study. Please also be sure to include the school that you plan to attend.
This essay should be directed to Bob Lewis, Secretary, Coker Creek Ruritan Club, P. O. Box 32, Coker Creek, TN 37174. If you are a winner of one of the three scholarships, your check will be written to both you and your school. It will require your signature and the endorsement of your school administration in order to use it.
We have no doubt that you will excel in your chosen field, and we are happy to contribute to students’ success from our home community. If you could have your essay submitted on or before April 10, 2024, that will allow for essays to be judged and will expedite checks to scholarship recipients.
Again, our congratulations!
The Coker Creek Ruritan Club
Jim Lee Tallent Memorial Scholarship
The Jim Lee Tallent Memorial Scholarship Fund will award a one-time $1,000 scholarship to one selected applicant from the Tellico Plains High School Class of 2024. To apply, you must submit an application and an essay that shows a commitment to your future growth. The essay should be between 900 and 1,500 words and cover the following areas:
· Your education/life to date
· Your future education plans
· Your future life plans
To apply, please fill out the below form and submit it, along with your essay to Aaron Tallent at [email protected] by midnight on May 5, 2024. Your application will be reviewed and the recipient of the scholarship will be announced at Class Night or via email.
Name__________________________ Grade Point Average __________________
To qualify for consideration, the student:
1. Must be a high school senior graduating during the current academic year;
2. Must plan to enroll at Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Athens;
3. Must be entering the school in the summer or fall of the succeeding academic year
as a full-time student in accordance with the academic policy of the school;
4. Have a definite occupational goal.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Athens does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, national origin, gender, or handicap in administration of its scholarship
HOW TO APPLY
The student must:
1. Complete the Application for Scholarship Personal Data Questionnaire and return
to the Student Services office at the school by
Friday, March 17, 2024.
2. Have a copy of your transcript accompany your instructor’s recommendation
which includes your GPA. Students with a GPA of 3.0 and above will be given first
One of your instructors must complete the Instructor Recommendation and return it with
your Transcript and Application no later than Friday, March 17, 2024.