Mandatory Graduation Practice
May 14, 2021
8:15 a.m. - Buffet Breakfast in Cafeteria
9:00 a.m. in Alumni Center
2021 Graduation Ceremony
May 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
TPHS Football Field
Gates Open at 7:30 a.m.
If you have any questions,
please call 423.253.2530 and ask for Mrs. Watson.
For All Graduates– Before May 15:
- Hang up your gown TODAY in order to dewrinkle!
- If applicable, affix you award pins to you gown or Beta Stole BEFORE graduation morning! We will NOT have time to help you.
- Also, we recommend pinning the stole and/or any award cords to the back side (neck) of your gown.
- If you have questions or need help, the graduation committee will be available at school. We are happy to help!
- If you still need to purchase a Beta Stole, please see Mrs. Jones or Mrs. Adams Beta Stoles are $15 (if writing a check, make payable to Tellico Plains High School).
- If you need to purchase an Honors/Distinction Cords, see Mrs. Watson in the library. They are $11 each (if writing a check, make payable to Jostens).
- Finally, if you do NOT have a graduation cap/gown, see Mrs. Watson at 423.295.5607 to make arrangements to borrow the required graduation attire.
For All Guests:
- Gates will open at 7:30 a.m. for guests.
- NO parent/guest will be permitted to enter the Alumni Center.
- Handicap parking is available at the TPHS Alumni Center. Please call Russell Harris at 423.519.4631 or the school at 423.253.2530 to make a reservation.
- Families, when possible, should plan to sit together to help accommodate social distancing among all guests.
- We are asking that families/friends that plan on sitting together arrive at the same time in order to expedite temperature checks and seating.
- Masks are encouraged!
- Temperature screenings will be held at both gates. Please be patient and understanding of this policy. If you have an COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend. Temperature level must be below 99.5 degrees.
- Seating will be available on the HOME side of the football stadium and on the field. (Please see map)
- If you plan to sit on the bleachers, we encourage you to bring a towel or stadium seat (morning dew).
- If you plan to sit on the football field, chairs will NOT be provided. Please bring you own chairs.
- In order to be considerate of others’ view of the ceremony, NO canopies or umbrellas will be permitted.
- Graduates will be marching through the crowd so that everyone will have a view of our seniors. Please do not sit in the marked path of this march. Look for signs!
- All photos before the ceremony, as diplomas are awarded, and at the conclusion of the program should continue to follow all social distancing guidelines. Guests are NOT permitted to enter the graduate section and/or near the stage.
For All Graduates - Graduation Morning
- Bring a Mask! We encourage you to wear it and practice safe social distancing!
- Line Up - Be ready (gown on) and lined up by 8:30 a.m.! You can put your gown on when you get here. Doors will open at 7:30 a.m. You will line up alphabetically in the Alumni Center.
- NO guest will be allowed in the Alumni Center
- Everyone must practice safe social distancing!
- Prior Preparation - Please have your gown ready! Prepare BEFORE May 15. If you have Beta Stole, Cords, and Pins, please attach these items BEFORE Saturday morning.
- Girls - Wear flat shoes, cute flip-flops, or sandals. Heels are NOT recommended! You are walking around on the football field! Also, dress cool! It will be HOT! Please practice wearing/affixing your cap BEFORE you arrive at school. We will not have time to help with this!
- Guys - Dress cool! A short-sleeved shirt that has a collar will look great. Ties are optional.
- Marching In - You will be entering the gate closest to the Alumni Center, walking in front of the Visitor bleachers, across the field to the Home side, in front of the Home bleachers and to your seat. An usher (faculty member) will lead the March In! Please follow and stay 6-feet apart in order to practice safe social distancing.
- Seating - You will be seated alphabetically, leaving seats for those seniors who are absent!
- Standing - Your row will stand when the person farthest to your right name is called. For example, when Anthony’s name is called, the first row will all stand! He is the first graduate on his row.
- Coming to Stage - When your name is called, you will enter stage right, accept your FAKE diploma, and exit stage left and return to your seat. Later, open your FAKE diploma and read Words of Wisdom from the TPHS Faculty and Staff!
- Sitting - Your row will not sit until the last person in that row returns to his/her seat! Faculty members will be at both ends of the row. Please follow their directions!
Inclement Weather Plan:
- Should we experience inclement weather, graduation will be postponed in increments of 30 minutes. We will do our BEST to keep the ceremony on the football field for everyone!
- If this is not possible, graduation will be moved inside.
- Each graduate will be given a specific amount of tickets at graduation practice IF rain is predicted the ENTIRE graduation day. Further instructions will come if this is a foreseen option.